Want to eliminate excessive Smoke & Fouling?
- Make sure you have a good bell on the case and not shaving through the coating during the seating process.
- If you are using brand new brass, make sure there is not a sharp edge on the inside of the case mouth (try used brass).
- Make sure you have a good crimp.
- If you are using the Lee Factory Crimp Die, try switching to a standard taper crimp die.
- If you are seating and crimping in the same die, try switching to a separate seater and taper die.
- Try a slower powder. Powder Burn Rate Comparison Chart
- Slug your bore, oversized bores will foul heavily and be inaccurate. ( Midway USA sells a good slugging kit.)
- Article: Slugging Handgun Barrels